If you don’t know what to serve for dinner tonight …
Green salads are always welcome as a part of your Healthiest Way of Eating. This healthy green salad can be enjoyed with just about any type of dressing. however, it is worth the time to make this creamy dressing for its delicious flavor and extra nutritional value.
Creamy Romaine Salad
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium heads romaine lettuce, outer leaves discarded
- 1 bunch young dandelion greens, if available
- 1 medium tomato cut into eighths
- 3 TBS chopped fresh basil
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 oz silken tofu
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- *a little water to thin if needed
- Blend all dressing ingredients in blender adding olive oil a little at a time at end.
- Chop, rinse, and dry romaine lettuce and dandelion greens. If you have a salad spinner it is best. If not, pat rinsed greens with paper towels so dressing doesn’t get diluted.
- Toss greens with tomato and desired amount of dressing.
Printer Friendly Version of Creamy Romaine Salad
In-Depth Nutritional Profile for Creamy Romaine Salad
Healthy Food Tip