If you don’t know what to serve for dinner tonight …
he combination of ingredients in this recipe offers a delicious flavor while providing you with an excellent source of health-promoting selenium, vitamin B12 and protein to your Healthiest Way of Eating. And it only takes 30 minutes for you to have a complete meal. Enjoy!
Braised Cod with Celery
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thick
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups celery, cut diagonally about 1 inch long
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup green olives cut in fourths
- 1 TBS + ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 lbs cod, cut into 2 inch pieces
- pinch red chili flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- Slice onion and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch skillet. Healthy Sauté chopped onion in broth over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add garlic and celery and sauté for another minute. Add drained diced tomatoes, green olives and remaining broth. Stir, cover, and simmer on medium-low for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until celery is tender.
- Place cod, lemon, salt, pepper, and chili flakes on top of celery and continue to simmer covered for another 5 minutes, or until fish is cooked. This is our Stovetop Braising cooking method. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with
- Brown Rice
Printer Friendly Version of Braised Cod with Celery
In-Depth Nutritional Profile for Braised Cod with Celery