Top this quick and tasty salad with walnut croutons and enjoy a rich concentration of health-promoting omega-3 fatty acids from your green salad!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 TBS light vinegar
- 1 bunch arugula
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese (optional)
- Press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice onion thin and soak in hot water and vinegar while preparing rest of salad.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, adding olive oil at the end, a little at a time.
- Wash and dry arugula. Squeeze out excess liquid from onions. Combine onions and arugula and toss with dressing. Sprinkle salad with walnuts just before serving. Top with cheese (optional).
Printer Friendly Version of Arugula Salad with Walnut Croutons
In-Depth Nutritional Profile for Arugula Salad with Walnut Croutons