15-Minute Steamed Halibut with Bok Choy
This dish is a great example of how you can prepare several foods at one time by steaming them all together. You come out with a great tasting meal in only takes a matter of minutes! The variety of foods also increases the number of nutrients you will derive from this meal. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 pieces of halibut filet, or steaks, about 5-6 oz each
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 5 cups chopped bok choy, cut into 1/2-inch slices (remove tips of leaves and discard)
- 2 cups thickly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms, 1/2-inch thick), stems removed
- 1/3 cup minced scallion
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS finely minced fresh ginger
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS tamari (soy sauce
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onion, chop bok choy, and press garlic and let them sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Add 2-inches of water to the bottom of a steamer and bring to a boil.
- Layer the onion, bok choy, mushrooms, and halibut, in this order, in the steamer basket. Cover, and steam for about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle a little salt and white pepper over halibut before steaming.
- Serve on a platter with halibut nestled on top of vegetables and drizzle dressing over all of it.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with
- Seaweed Rice
Printer Friendly Version of 15-Minute Steamed Halibut with Bok Choy
In-Depth Nutritional Profile for 15-Minute Steamed Halibut with Bok Choy