Curried Chicken Over Spinach
This dish is rich tasting without a lot of work. The curry coconut flavor goes very well with the spinach. It is simple to make, and if you feel like it, this recipe can be adapted to include more vegetables very easily. Just increase the amount of sauce ingredients slightly and add them to the chicken.
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces (6oz each)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 TBS fresh ginger chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 medium sized onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper julienne about 1 inch long
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, make sure it is mixed well before using
- 4 bunches fresh spinach
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil for spinach. While water is coming to a boil, cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Healthy Sauté onion in a medium sauté pan over medium low heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and fresh ginger and continue to sauté for another minute. Add turmeric, and curry and mix well. Add stock, chicken, bell peppers, and coconut milk. Simmer until chicken is done, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper.
- While chicken is cooking, cut ends off the bunch of spinach all at once. Don’t bother trying to do it one stem at a time. It will take you too long and it is not necessary. Rinse spinach well and drop into boiling water for just 1 minute. Strain and press dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach on plates and top with chicken mixture.
For optimum flavor and nutrition serve with:
- Minted Carrots
Printer Friendly Version of Curried Chicken Over Spinach
In-Depth Nutritional Profile for Curried Chicken Over Spinach