Mediterranean Tabouli Salad
Enjoy this Mediterranean-style salad. It provides an excellent source of health-promoting vitamin K, C, A, and manganese to your Healthiest Way of Eating. The bulgur does not need to be cooked, just softened, because it has already been steamed, dried, and cracked. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup wheat bulgur (dry), makes 2 cups after combining with liquid
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, press or chopped
- 3 cups minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice or wine vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1 cup wheat bulgur and salt to taste in a bowl. Pour 2 cups boiling water or broth over the bulgur, stir once and let sit for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Mince onion and press or chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health properties.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.For added flavor you may want to add more olive oil and lemon juice.
Printer Friendly Version of Mediterranean Tabouli Salad
In-Depth Nutritional Profile for Mediterranean Tabouli Salad