5-Minute Green Beans
Green beans are a rich source of vitamin K, C, and A, as well as health-promoting carotenoid phytonutrients such as beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. And one cup contains only 44 calories, great reasons to enjoy this easy-to-prepare recipe as part of your Healthiest Way of Eating.
Prep and Cook Time: 8 minutesIngredients:
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 TBS extra vigin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBS goat cheese
- 2 TBS sliced almonds
- 4-5 drops tamari soy sauce
- 1 TBS sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 2 TBS roasted red bell peppers
- 1 TBS chopped basil
Healthy Cooking Tips:
To mellow the flavor of the garlic, add garlic to green beans for the last 2 minutes of steaming.